Jul 24, 2018

Meet Nikki, My New You Tube Friend

When I was blogging regularly, I shared quite a few posts about handling the dreaded subject of cleaning. I fell by the wayside and stopped writing about anything. Now, I have to admit, I miss sharing information with my friends who support my family's site, the Emerald Quill. One of the reasons for my renew interest is a You Tube channel I just discovered. My daughter Krystal called me one evening and suggested I take a look at a series of videos called "At Home With Nikki". I took her advice and immediately checked out some of these videos. It changed my life!


Nikki Boyd's channel covers information for organizing your home, tips on entertaining, suggestions for decorating and a variety of other subjects. I used her information to reorganize our kitchen cabinets, our laundry room, as well as under the sink cabinets in our kitchen and in our laundry room. I discover the world of creating a planner focused on a month, a week and each day, found out about stickers and washi tape and began to use a structured approach to meal planning, grocery shopping, and scheduling activities. In all honesty, it was exciting to see the changes in my life style and habits that contributed to a more organized existence.

Nikki Boyd
I watched Nikki as she made decorative baskets as gifts for friends. With several anniversaries on the horizon for family members during the months of April and May, I took her suggestions and created individual "Honeymoon Baskets" for three couples in our family. My son Kreighton and wife Janel  celebrate their anniversary in May. They had recently purchased a new grill which they seemed to be using quite frequently. Using a cookout theme, I grabbed a large container used to chill beverages and beer and filled that "basket" with checkered napkins and a table cloth, grilling tools, condiment plastic bottles, mason jar glasses, and the like. I added dish towels with a grilling theme, with matching padded gloves and pads. Now, what's a goodies basket without some wine and snacks and other yummy treats. So, I threw in some sausages, cheeses, olives, and candies that they could enjoy while preparing their Bar B Que meal. Finally, I added a lovely clear wrap and a big bow and I had a real winner.

Why quarrel with success. I was on a roll. So, I created two other baskets, one for my sister-in-law Annette and her husband Al and the other for my granddaughter Jhordan and her husband Jacob. After I picked themes and color schemes, I filled a large basket, with tasty meat and cheese treats, a couple of bottles of wine, two pretty glasses, and I didn't forget the sweets. I gift wrapped Jhordan and Jacob's wine bottles in a box filled with padding for safe transportation and placed the other goodies in a large basket. After wrapping the baskets in clear wrap, I topped each with a brightly covered bow and distributed another magical honeymoon treat. When my new son-in- law John celebrated his birthday, guess what he discovered on his kitchen table? You're a winner if you said "a birthday basket". It was fun to prepare these treasures filled with love and affection. The gifts were well received and everybody was happy. Thanks again Nikki!


As I steal time from my lazy retirement schedule, I'll share with you more discoveries on this journey, but I strongly suggest that you go to You Tube and check out "At Home With Nikki" for yourself. You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I know you'll love her and all the interesting suggestions she offers for an upgraded, organized, fun-filled life for you and your family.

Go Nikki!

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More