Feb 3, 2012

On the Record: Rachael Ray



Rachael Domenica Ray (born August 25, 1968) is an American television personality, businesswoman, celebrity chef and author. She hosts the syndicated talk and lifestyle program Rachael Ray and three Food Network series, 30 Minute Meals, Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels and $40 a Day. Ray wrote cookbooks based on the 30 Minute Meals concept, and launched a magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, in 2006. Ray's television shows have won two Daytime Emmy Awards.

Forty three year old Rachel was born in upstate New York. Her family owned and operated four restaurants in the area. Rachael moved to New York City in 1995. She started at a market candy counter and moved to Lake George to manage Mister Brown’s Pub located in the Sagamore hotel. From there, she became a buyer at a gourmet market where the concept of 30 Minute Meals was born. After teaching classes at the store and on local television broadcasts, she published her first book and signed her first contract with Food Network in 2001.


Rachael married John Cusimano in Tuscany, Italy on September 24, 2005. John is a lawyer and lead singer of the rock band The Cringe. The couple own homes in Lake Luzerne, new York and Manhattan’s Greenwich Village.
Forbes magazine says her earnings per year are of approximately 6 million dollars. During the years she has been writing 14 best-selling cookbooks. FHM voted Rachael among the 100 Sexiest Women in 2004 and the 100 Sexiest Women in the World in 2006.
Rachael has one sister and one brother, Emmanuel and Maria. She loves her dog Isaboo and her favorite food is carbonara.

TV's perky cook and show host replied to fan quiries:

Question: If you were stranded on an island but miraculously it had a refrigerator, what 10 ingredients could you absolutely not do without?

Rachael: I'd have to have olive oil, garlic, pasta, canned fish-anchovies, if I had to pick just one-cheese. If my husband were on the island with me, then I have to have salami. I've got to have some prosecco and some other wine, and you need your roughage, so escarole-and I have to have some beans, so I'd pick white.

Question: What were your favorite foods as a child?

Rachael: My grandfather lived with us and was my caretaker, so I liked everything that old Italian men liked. I liked sardines and squid and eating calamari with your fingers and anything with anchovies, anything with garlic and oil. I still eat much the same way today. i was not a very popular girl when I opened by lunch sack.

Question: What is your favorite fast food?

Rachel: There isn't a fast food that I don't like, really.

Rachel's Famous Quotes:

- "If you're humble and hardworking, opportunities will arise for you."

- "For a lot of people, divorce is traumatic, but for us, it made for a happier family. It was miserable to watch people live together who shouldn't."

- "You do it with your own two hands, so there's a sense of pride. You really do forget all our problems, because you're focusing on the food."

- "Most people want me to shut up. And I think they know everything about me if they watch my show."

- "My life came out way better without me planning it."


Read more: http://people.famouswhy.com/rachael_ray/#ixzz1e4naBH7F

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More