Feb 10, 2012

Some Things I Don't Understand



My mother always told me that I had "average intelligence", so I should be able to do "X", "Y", or "Z". Today, when I watch the news and listen to politicians and pundits, I wonder if my "average intelligence" is enough.

Help me understand:


  • How can New York City host a ticker tape parade for the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants and refuse to similarly honor Iraq Veterans
  • Why anyone cares about political endorsements from Sarah Palin or Donald Thrump
  • How a caucus is as effective as a primary for deciding how to award delegates to national presidential conventions
  • Why Republicans can conduct a war on women's health issues, unionization, and voter registration without a louder voter push back
  • How reductions in federal and state funding for public education continue when our country slips in performance when compared to other countries in the world
  • Why some in the 99% favor tax cuts for the rich and continue to wait for the trickle down that never comes
  • How "Nasty Newt" Gingrich can continually disparage African Americans, including our President, with impunity and other politicians say whatever, then claim they misspoke
  • What we mean when we say "American Exceptionalism" as we decline in some of the major performance indicators when compared to other countries
  • Why people listen to the insane rumblings of folks like Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh 

I hate to let my mother down, so maybe you can help me understand some of these things by sharing your comments.

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More